Monday, February 9, 2009
Need
A few weeks before Christmas Becky and I were driving down Main Street in a blizzard and we passed the Food Bank. There was a line to the road of men, women, and children standing there in a line, freezing and waiting for food. I have never seen anything like it. The image is burned in my mind and I can't help but feel so grateful for being able to provide shelter and food for my own little girl. I found myself in a situation where I really felt sorry for myself because I felt like I have had so many trials in the last year, but I have never once had to go without food or not had a roof over my head or had to look at my baby and not known how I was going to keep her warm that night. I really am so blessed. I am so grateful for all the small things, for family, for our health, for our happiness, and for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for knowing that I have a Savior who has never left my side. The lines at the food bank have gotten even longer since that time before Christmas. We were asked in our ward this week to donate to our local community food bank because the need is so great right now. I thought I would extend the same opportunity to serve to any of you who read this. Donate to your local Food Bank! Donate anything you can...clothing, blankets, food, money... There are so many opportunities to serve and so many families who really need assistance right now and I feel so strongly that the Lord wants any of us who can to succor the poor and needy, to make sure that we take care of those around us and give what we can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Chei! I have been wondering what happened to you!! I've totally missed your blog! We really need to catch up sometime - it sounds like I have missed alot. I think about you all the time and miss all the good times we used to have. Anytime you guys need a sunny vacation you have an open invitation to sunny AZ! Love ya!
Chei you are my hero!!! I love your blog and your reminder that we all have so much to be grateful for. Thanks. You are amazing!! ;)
You have such a giving heart. I'm serious. I'll always remember the times you would go out of your way to donate your things. To shelters, used stores, friends, church. And you kept me well dressed during my pregnancy. I want to be more like you!
Our stake is organizing a food drive for the local food bank and the young women of each ward are in charge....so that means that I'll get to help out going door to door to collect donations. Thanks for the post reminding me that I do have a lot to be grateful for!
Post a Comment