I have decided that I want to start doing flower gardens. I think I have been shamed into it by all of our neighbors perfect yards! But really I think it will be fun. Being completely new to this...any suggestions on flowers that I can plant now and that are able to take some serious unintentional abuse by a probable, somewhat neglectful gardener? I hope it is not too late in the season to start (although it shouldn't be because our crazy weather here-yesterday it snowed! Yes snowed!!) What I wouldn't give to be living back in Vegas right now with their tropical 78 degrees!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Chei! You have a blog. It is BEAUTIFUL! My personal favorite flower is the Agapanthis. But, alas, I know nothing about it and the kind of conditions it needs to blossom. I will do some research.
I was going to ask you to post again, and I see you have! Yay. I love your background too.
I know nothing about flowers, but I can't wait for you to pass on your knowledge to me. I'm sure it will be beautiful.
Where are you planning on planting the flowers?
Good job on the background...you must have learned from the master!! :) You will have to tell me what you learn about flowers...I need to plant some as well...when the weather ever gets around to being springlike!
Chei, it's me! I'm so happy you have a blog- I do to, it just has nothing on it! About the subject at hand, do you want perennials or annuals? Pansies are a good annual that is okay in cold weather and is not too high maintenance. I personally love my day lillies for perennials because they are easy and when the flowers are gone the foliage still looks nice. Let me know what else you learn, I'm in need of new ideas this year.
Chei, I'm so happy that you have a blog. It'll be a good way to keep in touch. Chris and I are just getting started on the flower thing also, even though we've lived in our house for a year. Last year we didn't have enough money to plant anything, so our flower beds were just dirt. But last fall we did plant some tulip bulbs and daffodils. They are coming in slowly but surely. We also just bought some pansies to plant among the other flowers. Chris says they are pretty hearty and can withstand some abuse and cold weather. I'll have to ask Chris for more suggestions for you and then get back to you.....
All I can say is good luck. I'm not good at keeping anything alive and practically know nothing about plants. Chris will vouch for that!
AHHHH...snow! I do miss that cold stuff. But, it's hard to think about that when it is inching toward the 90's here in AZ. Good luck with the flowers, I envy anyone who can make something grow out of the ground. I've tried and failed many times, proving I definitely don't have a green thumb. I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment